- Speak with Svarah Sun-Hair
- Assault the gate
- Find Inquisitor Ameridan's resting place
- +1316 XP
- +150 Influence
- Vestments of the Dragon Hunter
- Armor of the Dragon Hunter
- Plate Mail of the Dragon Hunter
- Avvar War-Maul
- Revenant Helmet
- Revenant Heart
- Avvar Twill
- Torn Page unlocks Codex entry: Journal of Gurd Harofsen
- This quest is obtained from Thane Svarah Sun-Hair after completing On Ameridan's Trail.
- NOTE: Finish all other quests in Frostback Basin before beginning this quest as darkness will cover the whole location and only an aurora will be giving some light.
- After speaking to the Thane, you will be at the northern gate with Avvars. Kill them all till the gate opens.
- Inside there will be more enemies and a way downwards with 3 assassins on it.
- Locate the door to the ruins and then head inside.
- In the ruins watch out for your temperaure. WHen the bar is full, you will lose HP. You can increasure your temperature near fires.
- Go into the ruins, turn right on the first fork and activate the veilfire torches.
- Use it to examine the runes.
- Then continue on and head right on the second for as well At the end you will find a key for a door.
- Take the stairs downwards towards a large hall. Here you will fight Gurd Harofsen.
- He breathes frosty winds that will freeze you. Avoid them and go to bonfires to increase your temperature.