Vivienne is an Companion in Dragon Age 3: Inquisition.
"Referred to as Madame de Fer, “the Lady of Iron”, Vivienne lives up to her title. A leader among the mages and official enchanter to the Imperial court, she is renowned as a fearsome woman who achieved her position through guile and deft political maneuvering. Vivienne allows nothing to stand in the way of what she desires—not those who claim she is a social climber, not those who seek to restrict her power, not even her fellow mages who would conscript her into a rebellion with which she disagrees. Vivienne fights to restore order in a world gone mad…so long as that leaves her among those left standing, once all is said and done."
- When you visit Val Royeaux, you can find a circle mage with an invitation to the chateau of Duke Bastien de Ghyslain that starts the quest The Imperial Enchanter. There you will meet Vivienne, who is the leader of the last loyal mages of Thedas, and she will offer to join your party.
- After recruitment, she can be found for conversation at ??
- Recruitment Quest: The Imperial Enchanter
- Approval Quest: Favors the First Enchanter
- Personal Quest: Bring Me the Heart of Snow White
- Gift & Romance Quest: N/A
How to Romance Vivienne
- Vivienne is not available for Romance.
Vivienne War Table Ops
|Name, Time & Requirements||Best||Forces Reward||Secrets Reward||Connections Reward|
Truth or Dare: The Imperial Court (15 min)Vivienne recruited, Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts not yet completed
Vivienne lets the Inquisition know that a rumor is going around that Divine Justinia V is still alive and being held prisoner while the Inquisition orchestrated all this chaos. You should nip that in the bud.
|Connections||30 Influence||30 Influence||30 Influence|
Truth or Dare: Lake Celestine (60 min)Truth or Dare: The Imperial Court, either In Hushed Whispers or Champions of the Just complete.
It seems the source of the rumors is in the Lake Celestine region. There are two nobles in that area who seem suspicious, a comte and a marquise. Pick one to pursue.
|Connections||N/A||30 Influence||30 Influence|
Truth or Dare: See and Be Seen (240 min)Took Josephine’s path in Truth or Dare: Lake Celestine
The comte feigns innocence. You might have to do a little more work to discredit his rumors.
Truth or Dare: A Dangerous Game (240 min)Took Leliana’s path in Truth or Dare: Lake Celestine
The marquise is handing out busts of Justinia V filled with red lyrium. That needs to stop.
Truth or Dare: The Endgame (360 min)Either Truth or Dare: See and Be Seen or Truth or Dare: A Dangerous Game, and Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts also complete.
The Grand Duchess apparently visited someone in Lake Celestine not that long ago. The Inquisition should pay him a visit.
|Connections||N/A||1 Amulet of Power||1 Amulet of Powe|
Vivienne Alignment & Approval Rating
Vivienne's approval rating is determined by your choices in conversation and in the game decisions in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Below is a list of all his reactions to quest and personal dialogue. Approval rating may be checked at the "Gather Party" screen by observing the cards, or by the interactions with the NPC.
Please see the page above to see how judging prisoners affects Approval with this character.
Recovering Tomes with Vivienne in your part will grant (+1) Approval. There are 3 in total. Speaking to her in Skyhold after gathering all three gives you (+3).
Approval on Quest Choices
- At Redcliffe Castle, conscript the mages.
- At Therinfal Redoubt, ally with the templars.
- Say you’ll be a “servant of faith” when made Inquisitor.
- Say you’ll “set an example as a mage” when made Inquisitor.
- Exile the Wardens after securing Adamant.
- Drink from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal.
- At Redcliffe Castle, ally with the mages.
- At Therinfal Redoubt, disband the templars.
- Allow Cole to stay in The Forgotten Boy (-2)
- Allow the Wardens to join the Inquisition after securing Adamant.
- Support Gaspard or Briala at the Winter Palace.
- Allow Morrigan to drink from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal.
Approval on War Table Missions
- Truth or Dare: A Dangerous Game (Leliana) (+2)
Approval on Dialogue
"Tell me: why were you at the Divine Conclave?"
- 1. We need the Circle restored. (+3)
- 2. The templars made their beds. (+1)
- 3. Mages should be free (-1)
- 4. This chaos harms everyone. (+3)
- 5. The rebels are apostates. (+3)
- 6. Justice is all that matters. (-1)
"Whatever the truth is, that belief gives you power?"
- 1. I'll do all i can.
- 2. And you'll help decide.
- 3. Their fate is in their hands.
"And now many believe you are the agent of His will. Whatever the truth is, that belief gives you power."
- 1. No one should have that power
- 3. Andraste chose me.
- 4. I'll use it to change things (-1)
- 6. The Chantry will be restored. (+2)
"...We need Lyrium"
- 1. I'm not feeding an addiction (-1)
"... All mages are in danger..."
- 1. Templars are not the solution (+1)
"... Should the circles return"
- 1. Mages should join the chantry (+3)
"You look dreadful"
- I'm fine (+1)
"...But the Enemy struck a serious blow against you and the Inquisition. We must recognize that. You must.
- It worked in our favor (-1)
- I couldn't save them all (+1)
"...that Morrigan will use her new power against us."
- I trust Morrigan. (?)
- I expect as much. (+2)
- Give me options. (+1)